Tuesday, October 14, 2008

lesson for the day

Ok students

Well I should have paid attention in class when I was told....................dont do stupid things lol

First:pay attention to electricity reserves an charging rates,run the batteries down things stop an doesnt do the batteries any good Second: when you compute time to recharge you findout it is going to take a full day and a couple hours to remedy the cavalier way you used up the batteries sheeesh.


Well as funny as it seems being in the la basin solar panels are not easy to find,so with hours of searching I found a couple very exspencive places locally or did locate some at a decent price in victorville,so off to enterprize then to get two 130 watt panels and a controller.

We get home haul the panels in the dinghy in santa ana winds an might add I was not comfy with lifting panels that weigh about 50 lbs in a pitching dinghy up on deck but got er done.

got thru the ordeal of the panels and all the other stuff Carol bought and decided a shower would be in order,sure felt good! walked to the salon looked out.................o no were not where we are supposed to be(second lesson of the day) we are tied between two buoys never never just run a line thru a buoy eye because it will saw it`s way thru well onward so I get dressed an thought I had drug the buoy,but didn't called harbor patrol they came an did a great job help towing me back into position retied and decided two lines were in order.

I included this rather humbling experience so some of my friends never make that mistake as I did.

Now to install the panels,will let you know how that goes!

1 comment:

Muriel said...

ooh no- sounds like wild times!!! Glad o hear you were able to find the solar panels at a good price and you were ble to get them on deck! Here's wishing you speedy installation of the panels and a glass of wine after!! :)

Muriel